Sparc64 System emulator¶system emulation (Sparc64)
Use the executable qemu-system-sparc64 to simulate a Sun4u (UltraSPARC PC-like machine), Sun4v (T1 PC-like machine), or generic Niagara (T1) machine. The Sun4u emulator is mostly complete, being able to run Linux, NetBSD and OpenBSD in headless (-nographic) mode. The Sun4v and Niagara emulators are still a work in progress.
QEMU emulates the following peripherals:
- UltraSparc IIi APB PCI Bridge
- PCI VGA compatible card with VESA Bochs Extensions
- PS/2 mouse and keyboard
- Non Volatile RAM M48T59
- PC-compatible serial ports
- 2 PCI IDE interfaces with hard disk and CD-ROM support
- Floppy disk
The following options are specific to the Sparc64 emulation:
- -prom-env string
Set OpenBIOS variables in NVRAM, for example:
qemu-system-sparc64 -prom-env 'auto-boot?=false'
- -M [sun4u|sun4v|Niagara]
- Set the emulated machine type. The default is sun4u.