PortableXDR - external data representation (XDR) library
For the latest version of PortableXDR, see the
Portable XDR is an
(RFC 4506) library
for Unix, Linux, Windows and Mac OS X.
The goals of this library are very narrowly defined at
- Support the XDR functions required to build
- Compile, install and use under modern versions of Windows,
using MinGW compiler and MSys toolchain;
and Mac OS X ≥ 10.3 using gcc.
- Supply binaries and installers for Windows and Mac users.
- Remove all Sun code because of questionable license.
As of 4.9.1:
- Free, modern replacement for
(only supports the XDR parts of rpcgen however).
As of 4.0.8:
- Mac OS X support compiles, and libvirt can now be compiled.
- Windows compiles and builds a DLL.
- Need to check/fix the
make install rule.
- Need to build Windows binary installer.
- Need to build Mac OS X installer
(DMG or MacPorts?)
- Get it into Macports.
- Replace the rest of the Sun XDR code.
The programs are under the GNU GPL version 2 or above.
The library parts are under GNU Library Public License (LGPL)
version 2 or above.
The development repository is now managed in git
(thanks Jim Meyering for sorting this out):
git clone http://git.annexia.org/git/portablexdr.git
rjones AT redhat DOT com
$Id: index.html,v 1.7 2009/11/16 12:53:14 rjones Exp $