First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
Open Source Development Process
- Patch submission to relevant mailing list
- Patch review and approval
- Patch rewrite (very often)
Gain trust of community leaders by repeatedly contributing useful and high quality changes.
“Show me the code” attitude.
Do not fork: keep your version of the code as much in sync with the upstream as possible.
- Minimizes cost of maintenance
- Facilitates imports from upstream
- Good citizen of community
- Play well with others