Fedora rawhide kickstart file:
To test the hardened directories that is being suggested, you can do the following steps:
1) Download and install appliance-tools package
2) Look over the kickstart file and adjust the repo location
Then as root...
3) appliance-creator --name caps --config capability.ks
Then from X session
4) qemu-kvm -hda caps/caps-sda.raw -boot c -m 256 -net nic -net user
5) Login as root using the password: thincrust
This will make a file based minimal install that is suitable for testing with. You should be able to add users, change passwords, and install packages. Everything should work. You should be able to run netcap and pscap to look at programs.