Eclipse ChangeLog Plug-in
Well it has been a little while since I worked on the plug-in, but I have
some interesting plans in the next few months. All of my time has been
soaked up with my work on Frysk (sources.redhat.com/frysk).
Beyond looking at the bugs that have been filed (168682, 168694, 168696,169056 are the known ones) I've been asked for a few
features. These are (in no order):
- A Maven ChangeLog formatter
- Integration with Quick Fix
- Auto team commit comment population
- Allow one comment to be applied against multiple files
- Word wrapping ChangeLogs
- Specify tabs or spaces on indent
- Add a preference that detects ChangeLog commit states
and determines new date-line entry in the GNU Formatter.
Did I miss any? Have a suggestion? Let me know. Regards Phil.
Here is the Eclipse ChangeLog Plug-in
The update site for installing the plug-in is:
Update: Feb 20th 2005: I have removed the
dependency on the CDT for the update site plugin. I have removed the other versions of
installation while I update them. I left the direct zip download, as it contains the source.
The ChangeLog plug-in has parsers that work with Java/C/C++. It
currently has one formatter, that formats
ChangeLog entries in the "GNU Style". You can add your own parsers and
formatters by contributing to the extension
points defined in the plug-in.
Please send all feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bugs/Patches as always
can be sent to bugzilla.redhat.com -> Product: Red Hat Developer
Suite 2.0-> Component: Changelog
The ChangeLog plug-in is a work in progress, and is in continuous
development. My current tasks are:
- Code Cleanup
- Break out the GNU Style Formatter
- Extension point API Documentation
- Compare and Team based perspective support
- ChangeLog entries from the Package Navigator
- Build ChangeLog from CVS Logs